Take action | Tools & resources
Smokefree Movies | Adapt our ads
Smokefree Movies | Current fact sheets
• Top numbers | 2016 | Four key statistics make the case for the R-rating. Full citations for the research behind the numbers.
• Studio performance summary | 2016 | Which media companies perform the best? The worst? Our latest annual update on Hollywood's tobacco footprint.
Smokefree Movies | Recent reports
• Smoking in top-grossing US movies | 2015 | More than a decade of data on films with smoking, tobacco incidents, and exposures, with studio track records
• Smoking in top-grossing US movies | 2014 | Includes the harms and costs from movie smoking, by state, and an update on tobacco brand display in films
• California film subsidies and on-screen smoking: Resolving the policy conflict | 2012 | The state's film tax credits will cost it thousands of tobacco deaths and hundreds of millions in medical costs.
• Film-Flam: How MPAA/NATO movie labels hide the biggest media risk to kids | 2010 | Do the few 'smoking' labels in ratings mean smoking has vanished from movies? Far from it.